[CentOS-devel] libmp (gmp) conflicts

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Jun 2 09:06:31 UTC 2016

On 06/02/2016 11:57 AM, Antonio Trande wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> gmp-4.3.1-10.el6 provides these libraries:
>
> libgmp.so.3 -> libgmp.so.3.5.0
> libgmp.so.3.5.0
> libgmpxx.so.4 -> libgmpxx.so.4.1.0
> libgmpxx.so.4.1.0
> libmp.so.3 -> libmp.so.3.1.14
> libmp.so.3.1.14
>
> 'libmp.so' from 'gmp' conflicts with same library provided by 'mp'
> package that I wish to include on Epel6 repositories.
>
> Is it reasonable for you splitting off libmp.so from 'gmp' in a
> sub-package ?

gmp is a package whose source is provided by RedHat. CentOS aims at 100%
binary compatibility with RHEL therefore no change will occur unless
RedHat does it.

Bottom line, you will need to take this to RedHat.

     wolfy

PS:  with my EPEL maintainer head on: you'd better change either the
location or the names of the files that you intend to ship