[CentOS-devel] Adding new Imagefactory features to CBS

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 15:36:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

The current version of Imagefactory [1] running with CentOS build system
(CBS) is few versions behind upstream releases of Imagefactory [1] .
Imagefactory recently added a new feature to build HyperV variant of
Vagrant image and also has capability to build Vagrant box for VMware
Fusion. I am confident that bringing these features to CBS will help the
community in general.

In case you are not aware about Imagefactory [1] , CBS uses it to do
Vagrant box builds for CentOS and other projects e.g. Atomic Developer
Bundle (ADB) in Atomic SIG.

I am wondering how we can facilitate a process to bring upstream
features of Imagefactory to CBS. One suggestion from Ian was that we
should create a  cbs-test setup similar to production CBS setup and use
it to build confidence around the new features of Imagefactory and then
move the feature to production.

If you have better ideas you should speak now :)

[1] https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory

Thanks,

Lala