[CentOS-devel] Introductions, and interest in package building (OVS, OVS+DPDK)

Brian Stinson brian at bstinson.com
Fri Jun 10 15:24:16 UTC 2016

On Jun 10 10:15, Leif Madsen wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Quick intro here. Name is Leif Madsen, and I work at Red Hat on a team
> doing NFV, and I'm team lead on the DevOps/CI side of things for that team.
>
> I've recently been playing around with building Open vSwitch via copr and
> building out a small script to trigger periodic rebuilds of ovs-master. I
> recently submitted my first patch to OVS to convert from building with
> rpmbuild directly to allowing things to build via mock.
>
> I'm interested in the work being done around getting OVS and OVS+DPDK built
> for CentOS. I recently applied for the Cloud-SIG group (as suggested by Jim
> Perrin). I've also been tracking RDO and am interested in contributing
> there where I can.
>
> At this point, while I'm familiar with package building, and using mock
> (and recently some other tools like copr), I'd like some guidance around
> package workflow within CentOS, RDO, Fedora, etc so that I can better
> understand, and ideally contribute going forward.
>
> Any pointers to documentation or other information that you think would be
> relevant and useful would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Leif.
>

> --
> Leif Madsen | Partner Engineer - NFV & CI
> NFV Partner Engineering
> Red Hat
> GPG: (D670F846) BEE0 336E 5406 42BA 6194 6831 B38A 291E D670 F846

Welcome!

We are putting together a guide that describes some of the details (and
soon best practices) related to getting work done in the SIG Ecosystem:

https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide

Each SIG decides its own develop/review/build workflow within our
framework, so you may want to sit in on a few SIG meetings to see how
folks are doing things:

https://www.centos.org/community/calendar/

If you have questions about CBS itself, feel free to find us here or in
#centos-devel on Freenode.

--
Brian Stinson