[CentOS-devel] Vagrant Boxes with libvirt on CentOS-7

Dharmit Shah shahdharmit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 05:53:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> I was setting up vagrant for the first time ever, just to figure out how
> it works and test some new CentOS-6 images we have created.
>
> This was my first time ever trying it and I went to:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/Vagrant
>
> The instructions say:
>
> yum install sclo-vagrant1
>

> And you can then you can 'scl enable sclo-vagrant1 bash'  .. however I did not get enough stuff installed to 'vagrant up' or 'vagrant init'.
>
> In order to be able to do anything, I have to at least install the following extra packages:
>

> yum install sclo-vagrant1 sclo-vagrant1-vagrant sclo-vagrant1-vagrant-libvirt
>

> With those (and all the deps) installed, then I could do something like add a new box and 'vagrant init' it and then 'vagrant up' it, then 'vagrant ssh'
>
> We seem to have no docs in CentOS space on how to do any of this.  I did find this article, and using it and my understanding of SCLs, I was able to make it work:
>
> https://fedoramagazine.org/using-fedora-22-atomic-vagrant-boxes/
>
> So, am i missing something whereby only installing 'sclo-vagrant1' makes this work?

That command used to work earlier. However, it doesn't work anymore
and the command you've used is correct.

I had some of the CI jobs breaking due to this change :). The response
I got on the list was helpful [1]. Hope that helps.

[1] https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2016-May/014778.html

Regards,
Dharmit.