[CentOS-devel] How to build maven packages in CBS?

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Jun 22 19:11:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 02:58:56PM -0600, Rich Megginson wrote:
> > You end up with packages that other people have no idea the packages
> > that are required to get a build or source code required to get the
> > packages if packages are even used.
> >
> > If we can create a mechanism where others can reproduce this
> > buildroot/area external to our koji instance and provide all the
> > necessary documentation so it can also be easily reproduced by the
> > community, then I could likely be convinced.
>
> I think if we do that for CBS, it will have to be done that way, for exactly
> the reasons you mention.  Would you add that as a comment to the bug, or
> would you mind if I did? https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11073

Yes, I would like a documented way to enable everyone to create
comparable builds, but not necessarily bit-identical builds. For
identical builds, one would have to make sure, the time, buildhost etc.
are always the same.

> > What does Fedora do?

Fedora forbids pre-built binary objects in their packages (with a very
few exceptions).

For CentOS, we don't have that restriction. Please correct me, if I'm
wrong.

Best,
Matthias
--