[CentOS-devel] How to build maven packages in CBS?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 23 15:44:37 UTC 2016

On 22/06/16 20:11, Matthias Runge wrote:
>>> What does Fedora do?
>
> Fedora forbids pre-built binary objects in their packages (with a very
> few exceptions).
>
> For CentOS, we don't have that restriction. Please correct me, if I'm
> wrong.

That is right, we dont enforce from source builds, but we do need the
content to be open source ideally, or you to have demonstrate-able
rights to redistribute unconditionally, any content imported via that route.

What would this reproduceable builds chain look like if we were to start
looking at Maven/MEAD ? Also, how would we verify the content that goes
through ?

Also, is this literally just a case of doing a bootstrap or is the
intention to stay with that model longer term ?

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh