[CentOS-devel] [rdo-list] [centos-ci] Artifacts server does not support ranges / resume of downloads?

Brian Stinson brian at bstinson.com
Thu Jun 30 17:43:08 UTC 2016

On Jun 29 12:51, Haïkel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Usually I download the undercloud images using:
> >
> >    https://gist.github.com/gbraad/45cbe30415b0dc631f5e8d20beaffebf
> >
> > which targets: 'artifacts.ci.centos.org' but now get
> >
> >    "HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume."
> >
> > I need to resume a download about 10 times on the office connection
> > (China), so what happened? I have a workaround by storing the files at
> > another server first in Japan or the west-coast which supports
> > resuming.
> >
> > Although, being able to resume the download of these files is preferable.
> >
> > regards,
> >

> > Gerard
> >

> Since this part of infrastructure is managed by CentOS Core Team,
> CC'ing centos-devel list.
>

> > --
> >
> >    Gerard Braad | http://gbraad.nl
> >    [ Doing Open Source Matters ]

We haven't changed anything related to the infrastructure on that
machine here, I'm going to chalk this up to something in the route along
the way to artifacts.ci (perhaps a proxy in the middle?)

I did a few tests and got the usual response to http range requests.

Cheers!

--
Brian Stinson
CentOS CI Infrastructure Team