[CentOS-devel] Update on status of CentOS Community Container Pipeline.

Mohammed Ahmed

moahmed at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 11:31:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Here is the update for work recently done for the CentOS Community
Container Pipeline.

   - Docker builds in the CCCP-Service were taking a long time for building
   each images. We  tracked down the issue and got in conclusion of building
   the images sequentially. This increase the performance as the other option
   of creating docker lvm pool is already in place.
   -
   - For getting the builds sequential we created beanstalkd tubes managing
   the builds from jenkins. Jenkins pushes all the builds to beankstalkd tube.
   beanstalk client starts the build one after another is complete.
   - We were checking with the facts to include OSBS as build client for
   CCCP. After analyzing different facts of benefits of osbs and our current
   issues for the system, we are postponing OSBS adoption till our first
   release. We will be looking for adopting this after that.
   -
   - We got atomic registry built from CCCP-Service with proper namespace.
   This is also demoed as end to end user story to the team. Currently we are
   taking the origin base images from outside of registry.centos.org

In the coming days, we will be focusing on :

   - Getting Openshift origin completely built from registry.centos.org
   with all its base images (also indirectly solving problem with dependent
   container images)
   - Write a wiki page on wiki.centos.org for atomic registry.
   - Setting up end to end delivery with test suites (container scanning
   etc) and build sequence.

*Mohammed Zeeshan Ahmed*
Associate Software Engineer,
Redhat Developers Team (Devtools)