[CentOS-devel] Adding new Imagefactory features to CBS

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Jun 9 05:39:24 UTC 2016

On 08/06/16 19:55, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> On 08/06/16 17:36, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The current version of Imagefactory [1] running with CentOS build system
>> (CBS) is few versions behind upstream releases of Imagefactory [1] .
>> Imagefactory recently added a new feature to build HyperV variant of
>> Vagrant image and also has capability to build Vagrant box for VMware
>> Fusion. I am confident that bringing these features to CBS will help the
>> community in general.
>
> Great news, thanks for the update.
>

>> In case you are not aware about Imagefactory [1] , CBS uses it to do
>> Vagrant box builds for CentOS and other projects e.g. Atomic Developer
>> Bundle (ADB) in Atomic SIG.
>>
>> I am wondering how we can facilitate a process to bring upstream
>> features of Imagefactory to CBS. One suggestion from Ian was that we
>> should create a  cbs-test setup similar to production CBS setup and use
>> it to build confidence around the new features of Imagefactory and then
>> move the feature to production.
>
> We do have a test koji instance in dev-cloud, so we could use it. Is
> grabbing latest from EPEL/Fedora a recent enough release ?

Just worth adding that the test koji instance is itself there running in
VMs, so not sure if imagefactory can run on something else than
bare-metal. IIRC it's spinning temporary VM itself through libvirt to
build the image[s], and nested virt isn't available in DevCloud environment

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab