[CentOS-devel] How to build maven packages in CBS?

Alan Pevec

apevec at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 18:06:25 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 5:28 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would this reproduceable builds chain look like if we were to start
>> looking at Maven/MEAD ? Also, how would we verify the content that goes
>> through ?
>
> It's inherently unpredictable.

Unpredictable are pure Maven builds outside MEAD/Koji, MEAD enables
reproducible builds by restricting access to the internal Maven
repositories only.
It is up to SIG policy how it will bootstrap this internal repo, if we
do it all using koji maven-build from sources and do not import binary
JARs, we'll have everything rebuildable from sources.
Hard part is to resolve dependency chains and then build it in the right order.

Cheers,
Alan