[CentOS-devel] Update on status of CentOS Container Pipeline

Mohammed Ahmed

moahmed at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 06:15:54 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:

> This is awesome.
> Thank you for all the hard work you, and everyone involved, has put into
> this.
>

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Bamacharan Kundu <bamachrn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Update on recent work done for the CentOS Container Pipeline.
> >
> > - We went through building the openshift origin images in Container
> Pipeline
> > and published them to registry.centos.org successfully. We faced many
> issues
> > with the upstream dockerfiles and moved to rpm based dockerfiles for
> > building the images.
> >
> > - We have got almost all the monitoring pieces set up in production, now
> if
> > there is any change in the system (i.e. openshift is down, jenkins is not
> > communicating, or other changes) we get an alert notifying the change in
> the
> > system.
> >
> > - We added multiple cron jobs for monitoring and communicating with
> zabix to
> > get notifications on changes in system level parameters.
> >
> > -We got test suite set up for pipeline. Now all the images built through
> > pipeline, goes through a set of tests for ensuring the container is
> > runnable. For now we are testing containers based on CentOS 7.
> >
> > - We got atomic scan set up. This checks the container for rpm update or
> any
> > other system update required for the container image. For now this
> process
> > only sends notification to the user, stating the changes required in
> > container, but does not update the container.
> >
> > - We noticed that all the source repos do not want the Dockerfile to be
> > built for building centos based images. (i.e. for openshift origin we
> built
> > the dockerfiles with name Dockerfile.centos7). To get these type of repos
> > built in the pipeline, we added one more parameter dockerfile-name to
> > index.yml which allows user to provide name of the dockerfile to be
> built.
> >
> > -We saw we are bringing up multiple independent stages (like polling
> source
> > repo, build, test, delivery, notification) together to work sequentially
> as
> > well as scale rapidly. Keeping this in mind we came up with beanstalkd
> tubes
> > for managing communication point between all the independent phases and
> > synchronizing with necessary information provided through job details.
> >
> > -We got Atomic Registry built in registry.centos.org with all its
> dependent
> > containers available in registry.c.o. Even though we got all the
> dependency
> > containers built in registry.co atomic registry is pulling
> origin-deployer
> [...]

Hi,

 The list of everyone involved includes you too. You did build the
openshift rpms :)
--
Cheers,
*Mohammed Zeeshan Ahmed*

RED HAT | DIFFERENT FOR THE SAKE OF BETTER TECHNOLOGY

Find out why every airline, telecom, commercial bank, healthcare, and
financial data services company in the Fortune 500 relies on Red Hat.

Trusted | Red Hat
<https://mojo.redhat.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redhat.com%2Fen%2Fabout%2Ftrusted>

Old PGP Public Key :
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x726A119E62847E37 (REVOKED)