[CentOS-devel] [opstools] next steps

Wed Jun 29 13:10:43 UTC 2016
Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>

On 06/29/2016 06:15 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it looks like the OpsTools SIG was approved[1]. *yay*!
>
> So, the next steps should be to create a build target, tags.
> I would like to rebuild or to retag builds already built
> under a tag of the cloud SIG.
>
> What would be the preferred way here? Rebuild? Just tag?
>
> Best,
> Matthias
>

> [1] https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/OpsTools

We probably need to rebuild.  That means starting with the lowest level
dependencies and working our way up.

Is there some way to track down a top level package and all of its
dependencies?  For example, if we want to copy fluentd into the opstools
channel/target/buildroot/whatever, is there some way to identify all of
its dependencies, and all of the dependencies' dependencies, etc.?