[CentOS-devel] Skylake install errors for CentOS-7

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:10:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There were some install issues with some Intel Skylake
>> chipsets/processors for CentOS-7.
>>
>> We have created a newer installer to fix this issue and the ISOs
>> (CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1602-99.iso or CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1602-99.iso)
>
> What was the fix, is there rhbz# ? On i7 6700 machine I was still
> getting freezes until I've removed rhgb and loadvideo from grub
> config.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Would it seem reasonable to anyone else to simply rip the "rhgb"
option the heck out of the anaconda based grub configuration tool, at
least by default? The extra software stack and features required to
support a pretty "oooh, it's booting!!!" graphical boot process has
repeatedly proven fragile and actually blocks the critical task that
is supposed to run from grub, namely booting the system.