[CentOS-devel] Problem installing golang.x86_64 with virt7-docker-common-candidate.

Jan Chaloupka jchaloup at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 17:26:16 UTC 2016

On 03/30/2016 07:09 PM, centos-devel wrote:
> Hi list!
>
>   Apologies in advance for this has turned into a slightly long email, so
> I will put a short summary here at the top.
> I am not entirely sure if I am trying to do the right thing, so I
> thought it best if I were to explain clearly.
>
> TLDR:
>
> I think I need to install golang.x86_64 to make 'godeps go run' work.
> but yum fails with missing dependencies.
> Details follow.
>

> So I created a yum repo:
>
> cat << EOF > /etc/yum.repos.d/virt7-docker-common-candidate.repo
> [virt7-testing]
> name=virt7-testing
> baseurl=http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-docker-common-candidate/x86_64/os/
> gpgcheck=0
> EOF
>
> I installed and configured docker-storage, docker, docker-registry.
>
> I then installed Kubernetes and managed to configure a  test cluster
> with master and slave nodes running in VMs using CBS build from
> virt7-docker-common-candidate dated 10-Mar-2016 16:50
>
> Having followed along ok with the
>
> Kubernetes 101
> http://kubernetes.io/docs/user-guide/walkthrough/
>
> and
> Kubernetes 201
> http://kubernetes.io/docs/user-guide/walkthrough/k8s201/
>
> I am attempting to follow along with the supplied examples.
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/release-1.2/examples
>
> I know very little about Go but If I am not mistaken, I need to install
> it to
> enable the k8s demos to build and function.
>
> particularly
> "Nginx https service"
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/release-1.2/examples/https-nginx
>
> The nginx-https example needs to build some certificates so a makefile
> calls 'godeps go run ...'

Are you really running "godeps go run" or just "go run"?

> error is:
>
> godep go run make_secret.go -crt /tmp/nginx.crt -key /tmp/nginx.key >
> /tmp/secret.json
> /bin/sh: godep: command not found
> make: *** [secret] Error 127
>
> So I install
>
> [root at vm139 admin]# yum info godep.x86_64
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
>   * base: mirror.ox.ac.uk
>   * extras: mirror.cov.ukservers.com
>   * updates: repo.bigstepcloud.com
> Available Packages
> Name        : godep
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 27
> Release     : 3.el7
> Size        : 1.8 M
> Repo        : virt7-testing
> Summary     : Dependency tool for go
> URL         : https://github.com/tools/godep
> Licence     : BSD
> Description : Dependency tool for go
>
> error is now:
>
> godep go run make_secret.go -crt /tmp/nginx.crt -key /tmp/nginx.key >
> /tmp/secret.json
> godep: No Godeps found (or in any parent directory)
> make: *** [secret] Error 1

It says you are running godep in a directory where there is no Godeps
file. Once the binary is compiled, you don't need golang compiler.

> ## My reading of that is that godep cannot run go because golang is not
> installed. ?
> (make_secret.go is a small file in the cwd)
>
> [root at vm139 admin]# yum info golang.x86_64
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
>   * base: mirror.as29550.net
>   * extras: mirror.cov.ukservers.com
>   * updates: repo.bigstepcloud.com
> Available Packages
> Name        : golang
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 1.5.1
> Release     : 1.el7
> Size        : 1.1 M
> Repo        : virt7-testing
> Summary     : The Go Programming Language
> URL         : http://golang.org/
> Licence     : BSD
> Description : The Go Programming Language.
> But am a bit stuck with getting go to function.
>
> So I attempt to install golang but this fails because of missing
> dependencies:
>
> Error: Package: golang-1.5.1-1.el7.x86_64 (virt7-testing)
>             Requires: golang-src = 1.5.1-1.el7
>             Available: golang-src-1.4.2-1.el7.centos.noarch (extras)
>                 golang-src = 1.4.2-1.el7.centos
>             Available: golang-src-1.4.2-9.el7.noarch (base)
>                 golang-src = 1.4.2-9.el7
>   You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>   You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

try to run "yum install golang.x86_64 golang-src.x86_64" and extend the
command if there is other deps missing.

> Perhaps I am misunderstanding?
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks