[CentOS-devel] kickstart files for centos 7 cloud images

Matt Bacchi

mbacchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:40:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm wondering where I can find the kickstart files used to create the cloud
images here:

http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/

I've created my own centos 7 image from kickstart but the instance doesn't
broadcast dhcp requests (verified using tcpdump.)  If I launch an instance
using the image you provide (CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1511.qcow2
<http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1511.qcow2>)
it does broadcast a dhcp request and then comes up on the network.  My
kickstart file does indicate "network --bootproto=dhcp --onboot=on", but I
want to compare it to yours which is working as I would expect.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt