[CentOS-devel] inotify - triggering scripts based on file events

michael gordon

mgordonabc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:13:33 UTC 2016

We allow our third party clients to upload files for processing via ftp.
Once the file is done a java app is triggered to process the file and move
it to a processed folder. How do we know when the file is done writing,the
file events  we have observed include create, modify.  These dont help
since the ftp program writes file contents in blocks and then triggers the
modified event, there is no finish event.

What can you recommend

--

*Michael Gordon*
*Email: mgordonabc@ <gordonm at rada.gov.jm>gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*