[CentOS-devel] Source code for Qt 4 on CentOS 6?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon May 2 13:13:00 UTC 2016

On 04/29/2016 03:45 PM, Dave Johansen wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Leon Fauster
> <leonfauster at googlemail.com <mailto:leonfauster at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Am 29.04.2016 um 21:31 schrieb Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com
>     <mailto:davejohansen at gmail.com>>:
>     >
>     > Where can I find the source for Qt 4 on CentOS 6? I assumed that it would be in the git repo, but I don't see anything meaningful there:
>     > https://git.centos.org/summary/?r=rpms/qt.git
>
>     Thats only for C7.
>

> Ok, the c5 and c6 branches made me think that the code should be there.

That is something we may do in the future .. but likely not for c5
(since it has a limited lifetime and it less than a year away).  So
CentOS-6 source code might go into git.centos.org.

Right now we have a process in place that works for CentOS-6, as does
Red Hat (for releasing the RHEL sources), so both of us would need to
change our processes.  I am not ruling in or out it happening at some
point, but it does require lots of effort to change a process that has
been in place for years.