[CentOS-devel] Alternative Architecture SIG - s390x?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu May 5 21:43:04 UTC 2016

On 05/05/16 19:29, Brian Schonecker wrote:
> I have access to IBM z12 and z13 hardware.  Currently, I'm running RHEL6
> and RHEL7 for s390x architecture.
>
> Is is possible for me to offer compile resources for the alternate
> architecture of s390x?  I've already recompiled many packages (EPEL for
> example) with great success on s390x.

perhaps. we'd need to workout what this means and how we might do the
bootstraps etc. Certainly worth looking into.

> It is a requirement of the CentOS community that the hardware be 'owned'
> by the CentOS community?  It is not possible for me to make the hardware
> available to outside persons.

if we do this, then there needs to be some good enough assurance that
the resources are going to be around for a sustained period of time.
Otherwise we end up delivering an onramp to a dead end, and thats not nice.

--
Karanbir Singh