[CentOS-devel] Request for virtual IP-addresses in the CI for fail-over testing

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed May 18 19:06:33 UTC 2016

On 18/05/16 10:32, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is an integration in place with Gluster, NFS-Ganesha and
> Pacemaker. This combination makes it possible to have an active-active
> high-available NFS-server backed by Gluster volumes.
>
> We'd like to add automated testing for functional fail-over in the CI.
> This requires the use of virtual-IPs that get assigned to the different
> NFS-Ganesha servers, which will migrate to other servers upon failure.
>
> On https://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/PubHardware is a mentioning of
> "reserved IP addresses" where the Gluster project in the CI would like
> to get listed too. What is the process to request a few IPs, and what
> are the restrictions we need to be aware of (and how to put them in the
> Jenkins job)?
>
> Thanks,
> Niels

Hi Niels,

Such mail around the CI environment should be probably be sent/discussed
on the ci-users list (see
https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/ci-users) : that's where some
requests are tracked/discussed and other projects are giving their
opinions/ideas/suggestions too.
For the "reserved ip addresses" question, we can even have a dedicated
block for gluster, outside of the CI subnet itself. But let's discuss
this on the appropriate list :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab