[CentOS-devel] Steps for adding a new centos-release-* package to CentOS Extras

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Thu May 19 11:08:04 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 03:46 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gluster 3.8 is planned to be released in a few weeks, and we're
> preparing for provinding the packages through the Storage SIG. For
> Gluster 3.6 amd 3.7 we already have centos-release-gluster36 and
> *-gluster37 packages in CentOS Extras. These packages only provide the
> .repo files so that users can easily install the packages from the SIG.
>
> The SIGGuide in the wiki [1] mentions the steps to do when adding a new
> package to the tags/buildroot of the SIG managed build environment.
> Could you add the process to request centos-release-* packages to get
> included in CentOS Extras?
>
> Thanks,
> Niels
>
> 1. https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide/Content/Build#Newpkgs

I think the tag Brian used in his writeup is incorrect .. I think the
cbs tag is:  core7-extras-common-release (not core7-extras-release).

So if you add the package to 'core7-extras-common-release' it will get
into the release cycle for CentOS Extras.

Don't put it in 'core7-extras-common-release' until ready, you can build
it into 'core7-extras-common-candidate' and add/tag it into
'core7-extras-common-testing' early .. but add/tag it into
'core7-extras-common-release' when ready for it to show up in the main
'CentOS Extras' tree.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes