[CentOS-devel] Steps for adding a new centos-release-* package to CentOS Extras

Wed May 18 08:46:35 UTC 2016
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

Hi,

Gluster 3.8 is planned to be released in a few weeks, and we're
preparing for provinding the packages through the Storage SIG. For
Gluster 3.6 amd 3.7 we already have centos-release-gluster36 and
*-gluster37 packages in CentOS Extras. These packages only provide the
.repo files so that users can easily install the packages from the SIG.

The SIGGuide in the wiki [1] mentions the steps to do when adding a new
package to the tags/buildroot of the SIG managed build environment.
Could you add the process to request centos-release-* packages to get
included in CentOS Extras?

Thanks,
Niels

1. https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide/Content/Build#Newpkgs