[CentOS-devel] 'vagrant up' not working after yum update

Wed May 18 14:52:53 UTC 2016
Dharmit Shah <dshah at redhat.com>

Hello all,

I'm seeing this behaviour since I did `yum update` today on one of my
CentOS 7 boxes in that, `vagrant up` for libvirt provider throws the error:

"The provider 'libvirt' could not be found, but was requested to
back the machine 'default'. Please use a provider that exists."

Details of the issue can be found on [1]. I observed the issue when I
was doing testing for Atomic Developer Bundle (ADB) [2].

Besides that, earlier, one needed to install only two packages -
centos-release-scl and sclo-vagrant1 - to use Vagrant. But now it seems
to have changed and we need to install sclo-vagrant1-vagrant-libvirt as
well as few other packages/dependencies to make it work. I modified my
Ansible playbook [3] which reflects the set of packages I had to add.

What I'm here to understand is that, am I doing something obviously
wrong here to make things work or, did I miss some notification on this
list that had details about the changes? Or is this some kind of
unexpected behaviour?

Thanks!

[1]
https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/383#issuecomment-220025944