[CentOS-devel] When will Centos support SUSE lrbd for high availability iSCSI gateways of Ceph RBD images

iesool at 126.com iesool at 126.com
Wed Nov 2 01:56:10 UTC 2016

Hi, KenDreyer:
     All these projects have appeared in RHEL 7.3 or in the future ?
    https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-ansible
    https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-config
    https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-tools

    Is there the plan that adding the target_core_rbd to the RHEL's kernel ?

    jiademing

iesool at 126.com

From: Ken Dreyer
Date: 2016-10-31 22:48
Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] When will Centos support SUSE lrbd for high availability iSCSI gateways of Ceph RBD images
This question came up in the context of Ubuntu as well @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ceph/+bug/1636544 . I'm
curious what article you were reading?

Pasting from my response there,

To clarify the list of supported OSes for lrbd: I am leaning towards
retiring lrbd from Fedora, and we have no plans to ship that tool on
RHEL 7 within Red Hat.

Instead, we're going to use these projects to manage the userland iSCSI bits:

https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-ansible
https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-config
https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-tools

We have not put ceph-iscsi-ansible into Fedora yet because there is
still some question regarding whether ceph-iscsi-ansible upstream will
eventually merge with ceph-ansible upstream, but it's in progress.