[CentOS-devel] [Config Management SIG] delivering Ansible

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 23:16:56 UTC 2016

Sorry, I had meant to reply earlier.

We (PAAS Sig) need ansible for our OpenShift installer.  We already
have it packaged in CentOS, and as it's pointed out, many other groups
are using that package.

I would like to transition to using the ansible from the Config
Management SIG, as long as it is compatible/comparable to the ansible
released by RHEL and EPEL.  I wasn't part of the conversation at
CentOS Interlock, but I sure hope that is one of the goals.

The problem is, we can't wait until January.  Our product is already
out and needs an ansible update to 2.2.0, so that is going to be
coming out soon.  We plan on doing our ansible 2.2.0 release, and then
start a transition to using the Config Management ansible.

That's my plan.  If someone has better ideas, I won't mind hearing them.

Troy