[CentOS-devel] Out of date qemu-kvm-ev packages (bug preventing it from being updated?)

Mohammed Naser

mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Nov 11 21:02:50 UTC 2016

Hi everyone!

It seems that the latest released version of qemu-kvm-ev is
qemu-kvm-ev-2.3.0-31.el7_2.21.1 based on the following:

https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=539

However, our systems are refusing to update to that package because
qemu-kvm-ev-2.3.0-31.el7.16.1 is installed.  I believe the 16.1 is
making it seem that it is newer than 2.21.1 (16 > 2).  As a result,
we're unable to update and it seems that the latest package covers 2
CVE's, to which this one doesn't.

Is this something that was done on purpose to control releases or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost