[CentOS-devel] When will Centos support SUSE lrbd for high availability iSCSI gateways of Ceph RBD images

Ken Dreyer

kdreyer at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 16:41:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:56 PM, iesool at 126.com <iesool at 126.com> wrote:
> Hi, KenDreyer:
>      All these projects have appeared in RHEL 7.3 or in the future ?
>     https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-ansible
>     https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-config
>     https://github.com/pcuzner/ceph-iscsi-tools

Those packages will not be in Base RHEL (ie CentOS 7.3).

However, we are looking at shipping them as part of the Red Hat Ceph
Storage layered product. If that happens, SRPMs for those will show up
at ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/RHCEPH/SRPMS/
, and eventually we'll try to get the packages into Fedora too (and
probably the CentOS Storage SIG as well).

>     Is there the plan that adding the target_core_rbd to the RHEL's kernel ?

I am not sure about the specific implementation because I'm not a
kernel developer :) It's my understanding that the kernel
implementation that made it into Linux 4.9 upstream is also going to
be in RHEL 7.3's kernel. I recommend checking the RHEL 7.3 Beta kernel
RPM in the meantime.

- Ken