[CentOS-devel] [Config Management SIG] delivering Ansible

David Moreau Simard

dms at redhat.com
Sat Nov 12 17:02:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 11:37 AM, François Cami <fcami at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Version-wise, I plan to deliver 1.9/2.0/2.1/2.2 in separate
> repositories managed by separate centos-release-ansible-{19,20,21,22}
> RPMs. Any issue during the build and test phases will be reported here
> or on IRC. Persistent issues will be posted to the wiki.

Does upstream Ansible even support as far back as 1.9.x and 2.0.x ?
Are you going to be shipping what are basically EOL and
unsupported/unmaintained versions ?

Looking at releases [1], the last 2.0.x and 1.9.x versions were both
in April 2016 -- not /that/ old by any stretch but still old enough to
question upstream about their supportability.

[1]: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/releases

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]