[CentOS-devel] [Config Management SIG] delivering Ansible

Ken Dreyer

kdreyer at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 16:41:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Le samedi 12 novembre 2016 à 18:12 +0100, François Cami a écrit :>> Yes.
>> There will be a note in the wiki making that clear.
>> Tbh I have no other choice as ceph upstream repeatedly told me the
>> ceph-ansible playbook is only validated against ansible-1.9 for now.
>
> Porting the software to 2.X is a option (albeit I guess not the favored
> one)
>
> While there isn't much serious security issue with Ansible[1], relying
> on obsoletes version is bad. If some playbooks can't be ported to 2.X or
> if there is no will or timeline to that to happen, it is effectively not
> maintained to my eyes.

Ansible 2.2 support is in a PR, here:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/pull/1068

The current problem with the ceph-ansible project is that we lack a
robust CI framework to test all the codepaths, which means that PRs
get merged with little to no testing at this point. We're working to
change that, sometimes at the expense of merging things quickly.

- Ken