[CentOS-devel] Openshift Origin Containers for v1.2.1 and v1.3 on container pipeline.

Mohammed Ahmed moahmed at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 14:06:39 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 7:12 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
> wrote:
> > On 30/09/16 12:22, Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
> >> Even if there aren't any updates to 1.2 containers on toe repos, its
> >> still possible the containers might get rebuilt from other triggers,
> >> such as base image rebuilds and so on.
> >>

> > is there a precidence here ? have there been updates to a prev release ?
> > I guess the way the Dockerfile.CentOS went into 1.2 would potentially
> > constitute a change in pre-code, since Master/ at the time was already
> > 1.3Alpha, but is there another example for say a bugfix or a security
> > update ?
> >
> > Another way to look at this might be - is there a LTS like model in
> > openshift origin ?
> >

> Nope
>
> This brings up a very good point I hadn't even thought about.
> We're trying to treat a rotating product (designed to only use the
> latest version) in an enterprise / LTS way.
>
> At the moment, I don't have anything else to say, as I said, I hadn't
> even thought about it until now.
>
> Troy

So how do we want to proceed with this. Build only the latest containers by
updating branch in container-index every time there is a release, or
do we want to update the dockerfiles to use more specific rpms by version
(will require maintenance of the rpms). In the case of latter we might
need LTS.

--
*Mohammed Zeeshan Ahmed*
Associate Software Engineer, Redhat Developers Team (Devtools)

RED HAT | DIFFERENT FOR THE SAKE OF BETTER TECHNOLOGY

Find out why every airline, telecom, commercial bank, healthcare, and
financial data services company in the Fortune 500 relies on Red Hat.

Trusted | Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/en/about/trusted>