[CentOS-devel] password ssh-ing in Centos/7 Vagrant box

Michael Vermaes mvermaes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:08:39 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Laurentiu Pancescu <lpancescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/10/16 13:00, Rafal Skolasinski wrote:
>>
>> BTW. I just noticed that every user on vms created with Vagrant is in fact
>> admin... one can always
>> ```
>> su - vagrant
>> ```
>

> I never thought of Vagrant images as a multi-user system, but you're of
> course right.  I'll fix this for the next release, and add it to the release
> notes as a known issue. Thanks for reporting it!

Do you mind letting us know how the configuration would be fixed to
address this? For what it's worth, in my opinion it would be more
surprising for this behaviour to change. I think a Vagrant box is
assumed to be a 'disposable', single user environment as you
mentioned. Things like the well known insecure passwords and ssh key
contribute to a standard Vagrant experience across boxes from
different distributions.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you mean.

Michael