[CentOS-devel] Using pungi for CentOS (AH specifically)

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Oct 27 16:59:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 11:39 AM, Jason Brooks wrote:

> Is this what they're using for their atomic host? I'm in favor of
> using the same tools across atomic host projects.

Yeah.

So let me flesh this out a little bit more; I think it would
be possible (and make sense as an incremental transition)
to use pungi *just* for images/ostree, while consuming
RPMs built via whatever the CentOS process is that's
not Koji.

Similarly, for https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Devel
we use https://github.com/cgwalters/rpmdistro-gitoverlay
but if our Jenkins jobs had access to the CBS Koji instance,
we could use it for image generation and composes.

Note that I'm scoping in here potentially making this change
not just for AH but also for CentOS Core, but that's
obviously optional.