[CentOS-devel] Openshift Origin Containers for v1.2.1 and v1.3 on container pipeline.

Christoph Goern

goern at redhat.com
Sat Oct 1 18:03:02 UTC 2016

Dirk, havent you guys at RCM thought about that? Or was that just the
naming schema for all the different versions of containers?

//G

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Mohammed Ahmed <moahmed at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    We currently have openshift origin containers being delivered through
> the Container Pipeline.
>
> However, with the release of openshift origin 1.3, we have to consider how
> we are going to deliver containers for v1.2.1 and v1.3.
>
> Currently, the dockerfiles basically do a yum install origin[1] and other
> origin packages. This could possibly result in the latest origin rpms being
> used even in 1.2.1 containers. We need to consider how we are going to
> differentiate the versions.
>
> Even if there aren't any updates to 1.2 containers on toe repos, its still
> possible the containers might get rebuilt from other triggers, such as base
> image rebuilds and so on.
>
> KB, Troy Dawson, thoughts? Others are welcome to chime in as well.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/release-
> 1.2/images/origin/Dockerfile.centos7#L13
> --
> *Mohammed Zeeshan Ahmed*
> Associate Software Engineer, Redhat Developers Team (Devtools)
> http://mohammedzee1000.wordpress.com
>
> RED HAT | DIFFERENT FOR THE SAKE OF BETTER TECHNOLOGY
>
> Find out why every airline, telecom, commercial bank, healthcare, and
> financial data services company in the Fortune 500 relies on Red Hat.
>
> Trusted | Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/en/about/trusted>

Principal Software Engineer - Systems Design & Engineering
Mobile: +49 171 2801345

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/, Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243,
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill, Eric
Shander