[CentOS-devel] [Arm-dev] [RFC] Bootstrapping a new arch

Xiandong Meng

mengxiandong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:41:23 UTC 2016

I am looking for building RDO for ppc64le in centos as well. Based on my
experience, there are a few source rpm changes needed to make them
work with ppc64le. I would assume this will apply to aarch64 as well.

One case in example is MongoDB. MongoDB 2.6.x depends on V8, but V8 cannot
be built out of box on Power.  But MongoDB 3.2.x has a dependency on a
higher version of Boost than the CentOS 7.2 default.

So shall we work together on a common source repository across multiple
architectures or shall we maintain a side repo for aarch64/ppc64le?

Regards,

Alex Meng <mengxiandong at gmail.com>
mengxiandong at gmail.com