[CentOS-devel] [Cloud SIG] Aarch64 bootstrap status

Marcin Juszkiewicz

marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Thu Oct 27 08:42:37 UTC 2016

W dniu 19.10.2016 o 23:28, Haïkel pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Many thanks to Thomas who spent his evening merging aarch64 builds
> (and Fabian for enabling the arch in our CBS tags!)
> Here's a summary of the bootstrap:
> https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/aarch64-bootstrap-current-status

As there is repository now I did a test of upgrade from my Mitaka build
to official CentOS Newton build.

In short: if you have my Mitaka installed then recreate machine. Will be
less painful.

Longer version below :D

First 'yum update -y' broke on python2-cffi being in same version. So I
did 'yum update -y --skip-broken' to update whatever possible.

Next step was removal of python2-cffi/newton and installing it by hand:

# rpm -e --nodeps python2-cffi
# yum install python2-cffi

After that 'yum update -y' updated another set of packages.

But 'yum list|grep mitaka' still gave me about 140 packages. Extracted
list and called 'yum reinstall $(cat /tmp/list-hrw) -y' which
reinstalled 109 of them.

37 packages left... Here fun starts.

One of packages was 'dibbler-client'. So let's check with 'yum list
dibbler-client' - said that there is no package in newton repo...

# rpm -e dibbler-client
# yum -y install dibbler-client

Worked fine.

Let's try that in a loop then :D

# for pkg in $(cat /tmp/list-hrw );do rpm -e --nodeps $pkg;yum  install
$pkg -y;done

Most of packages got installed. Note that this downgrades MariaDB 10.1
to 5.50 so check your DB.

But still some left not present...

1. python-netifaces

Not present on CBS at all. Arch specific, required by 7 packages.

2. python2-cryptography

Present on CBS, missing in repo.

3. nagios-common

Present on CBS, missing in repo.