[CentOS-devel] RHGS porting from upstream to CentOS

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 05:19:58 UTC 2016

[Note: RHGS stands for Red Hat Gluster Storage]

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 05:48:07PM -0400, Roy Williams wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Did anyone pick this up to port the upstream RHGS to CentOS? If not what
> would it take to start this process? I have an interest in doing this if
> not.

Hi Roy,

The CentOS Storage SIG already provides different Gluster Community
versions and includes a few additional tools. Some of the details are on
the CentOS Wiki:
  https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage
  https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/gluster-Quickstart

If you are aware of this already, I'd like to know your reasons why this
does not address your needs.

It is possible to start new repositories provided by the Storage SIG
that contain rebuilds (and trademark stripping?) of RHGS packages. There
have not been any good reasons to do so yet though. If you are willing
to get this done, we can work together on setting it up and all. But not
that is will cost you quite some time to follow updates, rebuild, test
and get them published.

Thanks,
Niels