[CentOS-devel] CentOS OpenShift Origin 1.3 rpm's to be relesed Sept. 26

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 15:50:31 UTC 2016

Hi,
We are currently planning on releasing the CentOS origin 1.3 rpm's on
Monday, September 26.

The rpm's are created and have passed all of our tests, but we want to
give users a chance to get ready for the update.

Some users have expressed concerns about not being able to control
when OpenShift Origin get's updated.  For this we have created
openshift-excluder [1].  Although the excluder has gone through many
tests, it was not released or documented until today.    We wanted to
give people a chance to be prepared for their OpenShift Origin update,
so we have delayed the 1.3 origin release until Monday.

If you want the install origin 1.3 before September 26, you can do the
following.

 - yum install centos-release-openshift-origin
  -- (If you haven't done this already)
 - yum --enablerepo=centos-openshift-origin-testing install origin
origin-clients
  -- (or whatever you need to install)

On  a related note, the openshift-ansible installer won't be released
until at least the 26th.  We are having issues with some variables.

Troy

[1] - https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-Origin-Control-Updates