[CentOS-devel] RHGS porting from upstream to CentOS

Roy Williams

fang64 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:06:13 UTC 2016

Sandro,

I would definitely be interested in helping with the oVirt CentOS Virt SIG,
I am a little tied up today with a meeting.

Roy

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Roy Williams <fang64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Zdenek,
>>
>> I did understand oVirt is essentially stripped down in RHGS, but I didn't
>> know if there was interest in porting that stripped down oVirt?
>>

> We're working in porting oVirt in CentOS Virt SIG but even RHGS being
> based on oVirt will suffer of the maven dependencies packaging hell.
> You're welcome to contribute helping with oVirt packaging if you've
> interest in it.
>

>> Roy
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Zdenek Sedlak <dev at apgrco.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2016-09-14 23:48, Roy Williams wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> Did anyone pick this up to port the upstream RHGS to CentOS? If not what
>>> would it take to start this process? I have an interest in doing this if
>>> not.
>>>
>>> Roy

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if you mean the GlusterFS packages and oVirt console, they are already
>>> available for CentOS.
>>>
>>> //Zdenek

>> --
>>           Roy Williams
>> IT Consultant | Programmer
>>   http://www.fang64.com
>>                _/|         ____
>>             =/_/      ,;`        `;,
>>           _/   |       :             :
>>   (      /    , |       :,          ,;
>>    \ _ /^ \ /| |          `------ `
>>        `'' ''   `''`
>>

> --
> Sandro Bonazzola
> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
> See how it works at redhat.com
> <https://www.redhat.com/it/about/events/red-hat-open-source-day-2016>

          Roy Williams
IT Consultant | Programmer
  http://www.fang64.com
               _/|         ____
"The brick walls are there for a reason. Right? The brick walls are not
there to keep us out, the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show
how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the
people who don't want it badly enough."
     -Randy Pausch, CMU (RIP July 25, 2008)