[CentOS-devel] Format for the CentOS (openshift) origin rpm

Clint Savage

herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:43:38 UTC 2016

Here's the problem I'm encountering. Dist-git is great, and probably where
we should be targeting. It has a lookaside fit the tarballs and such. Why
is this not good enough? Can the lookaside be adjusted to use the same
tarballs? I wrote something back when I was working on GoOSe that would
have been able to be flexible enough for this concept.

My knowledge of Tito is not enough to say for sure, but it should be able
to either pull a tarball, or modify the spec in a way to deal with those
changes.

Essentially, I don't see why the process can't accommodate the automation
bits, but also make it easy for a contributor. In fact, maybe downloading
the tarball, then telling Tito might be a good choice.

My suggestion here is to update Tito to accommodate an already existing
tarball, either downloaded it in the lookaside cache. In the meantime,
don't change your process.

Thoughts?