[CentOS-devel] Missing GlusterFS in 32-bit

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 14:37:34 UTC 2017

On 04/20/2017 09:55 AM, Zdenek Sedlak wrote:
> In this thread [1], they describe functional 32-bit gluster, so it
> should work.
>
> How to add i686 gluster officially to the packages being built?
>
> //Zdenek
>
> [1] http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2010-August/005129.html

2010 !?!

There are 32-bit builds of the current releases of GlusterFS for a
several Linux distributions including Fedora, Ubuntu, and SuSE.

None of them are "official" in any sense of the word. The ones we do
provide we do as a convenience for the Gluster Community.

And as Niels pointed out, we use the CBS to build packages for the
CentOS Storage SIG. We get i686 packages for Fedora, Ubuntu and SuSE
precisely because Bodhi, Launchpad, and OBS do produce i686 builds; CBS
does not.

If you're using one of the CentOS AltArch releases (aarch64, armhfp,
i386, ppc64ls, and ppc64) then you're going to have to build your own
packages. It should be fairly trivial to take the srpm from the Storage
SIG repos and use rpmbuild to build it on your i686 system. E.g.:

% rpm -i glusterfs-3.10.1.src.rpm
% cd ~/rpmbuild && rpmbuild -ba SPECS/glusterfs.rpm

HTH. Regards,

--

Kaleb