[CentOS-devel] The status of our Vagrant images for Hyper-V

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 19:34:43 UTC 2017

On 07/04/17 13:51, Laurentiu Pancescu wrote:
> I would prefer the second option, using VBoxManage to produce small
> non-sparse .VHD images for our Vagrant boxes, and avoid the
> compatibility problems posed by sparse files.  But this would need to be
> done in Image Factory, so it's actually for Ian to decide if using
> VirtualBox is acceptable.

We now have a working solution for producing regular .vhd images as part
of our release process: CBS is now using qemu-img-ev and qemu-kvm-ev
from the Virt SIG, instead of the versions in CentOS Linux base.  We
don't need either VirtualBox or changes in Image Factory.

If anyone has access to Hyper-V on Windows and would be willing to test
two Vagrant images, please let me know.  I received conflicting test
results from Thomas and Michael, and I'd like to have at least an
additional test before deciding whether to release them or not.

Thanks,
Laurențiu