[CentOS-devel] clearing out SIG content / trimming obsoleted content

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 23 16:47:44 UTC 2017

hi

with 7.1708 almost here, now would be a good time for the SIG's to think
through if they want to lose existing obsoleted code from
mirror.centos.org and have it moved to vault.

When we do a new release, the tree for this version is built up manually
and then pushed, so its a good convenient time to think about what the
users are looking at, and perhaps trim the repos ( we typically will do
this for centosplus/extras etc as well )

please get in touch with Brian or Thomas or myself for details, ideally
open a request on bugs.centos.org/

regards

--
Karanbir Singh