[CentOS-devel] Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

Sandro Bonazzola

sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 07:48:04 UTC 2017

> On 21/08/17 16:57, Brian Stinson wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > We've had a few discussions around how to handle releasing CR
> > (https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR) over the
> > past few days.
> >
> > When we last checked in, there was still a bit of work going on building
> > and testing pre-release CR (the QA team has been hard at work), and the
> > altarch builds were still in progress.
> >
> > There are 2 ways the release might play out:
> >
> > - If the altarch (aarch64, and ppc64{,le}) builds are finished, and we
> >   are otherwise ready: CBS and CI will be seeded from the mirrors just
> >   like usual, and CR will be available at roughly the same time as the
> >   rest of the mirror network
> >
> > - If the altarch builds are not yet ready, the CentOS QA team may decide
> >   to release x86_64 ahead of the other arches. In that case, we will
> >   wait for ppc and aarch64 but still seed CI and CBS together as soon as
> >   the altarch builds are ready.
> >

> > If there are any questions, feel free to comment here. As always we will
> > post updates as we move forward.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > --
> > Brian Stinson
>
> I was dscussing with some people on IRC who got the false impression
> that what they were building and also testing in CI was tested against
> CR. I'm back from "offline mode" and had a quick check, but it seems
> that your proposal #2 was the one that was chosen : nothing pushed to
> CBS/CI so built/tested against 7.3 and not 7.3+CR
>
> Just want to be sure that we communicate that as I saw some RDO folks
> mentioning Pike (next release) being released today and they hoped to
> follow closely the upstream release. I hope that then the 7.4.1708
> release will not break their Pike builds and tests (released before
> 7.4.1708)

Also note qemu-kvm-ev is still qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.0-28.el7.10.1
<http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=17495>
because without 7.4 bits in CBS I can't build qemu-kvm-ev-2.9.0-16.el7_4.3.1
<http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19374> so enabling CR repo
will break qemu-kvm-ev users.

> --
> Fabian Arrotin
> The CentOS Project | http://www.centos.org
> gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>