[CentOS-devel] Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Thu Aug 31 16:30:31 UTC 2017

On 08/31/2017 03:18 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> x86_64 and ppc64 and ppc64le are ready to go, can we get those into CBS
> and CI and let aarch64 catchup ? It does not look like Jim's anywhere
> near closing that off.

For aarch64, it's a bit more comprehensive than the rest of the
distribution, because we had to wait to get additional pieces for the
build. There's a 4.11 kernel, an updated qemu-kvm and about a dozen
other packages that weren't released until earlier this week. Some of
these are incompatible with the other parts of 7.4, so I've had to sort
through them. They're also not currently in git.centos as they weren't
part of the last push so I have to sort that out upstream as well.

Given the demands of the CentOS aarch64 community, releasing without the
4.11 kernel isn't an option.

--
Jim Perrin