[CentOS-devel] Disk size on Vagrant image

Fri Aug 18 19:10:41 UTC 2017
Jeff Sheltren <jeff at tag1consulting.com>

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Adding additional storage in Vagrant with Virtualbox provider is a can of
> worms:
>
> https://github.com/aidanns/vagrant-reload/issues/6
> https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/8107
> https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16387
>
> The situation is better with libvirt, so an additional disk may be an
> option in this case.

Yeah, it's possible we could get a second disk to work, but that requires
additional config management changes to mount it in the correct place, and
keep our fingers crossed we can avoid bugs similar to those links across
various dev host environments (out of my control). So I'd much prefer to
have a larger disk in the base image if possible.

Regarding KB's point, I haven't tested that, but it seems possible this
could lead to filling up the host machine disk -- of course that problem
exists regardless of the VM disk size, it just may be more likely with a
larger allowed guest disk size.

-Jeff