[CentOS-devel] New CentOS Atomic Release and Kubernetes System Containers Now Available

Mon Aug 21 16:14:34 UTC 2017
Jean-Marc Liger <jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr>

Le 11/08/2017 à 20:53, Jason Brooks a écrit :

> Last week, the CentOS Atomic SIG released an updated version
> (https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download) of
> CentOS Atomic Host (7.1707), a lean operating system designed to run
> Docker containers, built from standard CentOS 7 RPMs, and tracking the
> component versions included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.
>
> The release, which came as part of the monthly CentOS release stream,
> was a modest one, including only a single glibc bugfix update
> (https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-July/022505.html).
> The next Atomic Host release will be based on the RHEL 7.4 source code
> (https://seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-source-code/)
> and will include support for overlayfs container storage, among other
> enhancements.
>
> Outside of the Atomic Host itself, the SIG has updated its Kubernetes
> container images to be usable as system containers
> (http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2016/09/intro-to-system-containers/).
> What's more, in addition to the Kubernetes 1.5.x-based containers that
> derive from RHEL, the Atomic SIG is now producing packages and
> containers that provide the current 1.7.x version of Kubernetes.
>
> ## Containerized Master
>
> The downstream release of CentOS Atomic Host ships without the
> kubernetes-master package built into the image. You can install the
> master kubernetes components (apiserver, scheduler, and
> controller-manager) as system containers, using the following
> commands:
>

> # atomic install --system --system-package=no --name kube-apiserver
> registry.centos.org/centos/kubernetes-apiserver:latest
>
> # atomic install --system --system-package=no --name kube-scheduler
> registry.centos.org/centos/kubernetes-scheduler:latest
>
> # atomic install --system --system-package=no --name
> kube-controller-manager
> registry.centos.org/centos/kubernetes-controller-manager:latest
>

> ## Kubernetes 1.7.x
>
> The CentOS Virt SIG is now producing Kubernetes 1.7.x rpms, available
> through this yum repo
> (https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles/blob/master/kubernetes-sig/master/virt7-container-common-candidate.repo).
> The Atomic SIG is maintaining system containers based on these rpms
> that can be installed as as follows:

Hi,

I'm trying to use this repository with yum, as an independant one for
kubernetes packages, but I'm facing the error below :

Erreur : Paquet : 2:docker-1.13.1-25.gitb5e3294.el7.x86_64
(virt7-container-common-candidate)
              Requiert : container-storage-setup

Do you plane to add the container-storage-setup package in this
repository or do I have to check for it in another one ?

Regards,
Jean-Marc