[CentOS-devel] [opstools] How to support fluentd with ruby24?

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Dec 14 14:02:02 UTC 2017

On 13/12/17 19:36, Rich Megginson wrote:
> We need to use the ruby24 SCL.
>
> That means ovirt and rdo will have a dependency on ruby24 SCL, which
> also means the fluentd systemd service will need to know how to run the
> service using the scl, unless ovirt and rdo are ready to run fluentd
> containerized, in which case it is as simple as using the centos ruby24
> scl base image, which is what openshift is doing:
> https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging/blob/master/fluentd/Dockerfile.centos7#L1
>

> ruby24 will be needed at build time for some packages as well as at
> runtime.
>
> https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/December/centos-devel.2017-12-13-18.04.log.html

In the OpenStack world, containers are used from kolla (or very near to
that). [1]

The container in kolla itself pull in CentOS-base, centos-opstools, and
RDO dependencies.

I'd think we'll need another package (and probably all dependencies) as
scl versions for fluentd.

Matthias

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/kolla/blob/master/docker/fluentd/Dockerfile.j2