[CentOS-devel] EPEL and pyOpenSSL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Dec 20 06:53:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 12:44:40AM -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >     I admit that I'm not sure if this is an EPEL, CentOS or RDO problem.
> > I had to pick a place to start and this is it ;P
> >
> > I've done afresh CentOS 7 install on both x86_64 and ppc64le.  After
> > adding the EPEL and epel-testing repos I do yum, install -y rdopkg and I
> > get words to the effect of:
> >
> > <snip>
> > Error: Package: python2-rdopkg-0.45.0-4.el7.noarch (epel)
> >            Requires: pyOpenSSL >= 16.2.0
> >            Installing: pyOpenSSL-0.13.1-3.el7.ppc64le (base)
> >                pyOpenSSL = 0.13.1-3.el7
> > <snip>
>
> epel-testing is *not* your friend for stability. It has versions of
> libraries and modules that may conflict with standard versions. I'd
> suggest replacing discarding, or replacing everything from
> epel-testing with the standard versions and working from there for
> stable tools.

Okay so I get that I'm takign risks with epel-testing but the probelem
still seesm to boil down to python2-rdopkg from EPEL has a requirement
on pyOpenSSL that isn't staisfied by anything in CentOS or EPEL.

This seems like an issue to me, one that I think means I missed a repo
somewhere.

Yours Tony.