[CentOS-devel] Broken man pages in vagrant box 1710.01

Carlos Rodrigues

cefrodrigues at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 22:37:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

It seems I missed this bit in the release notes:

"the centos/7 images no longer include the package documentation
installed by default, reducing the image size by around 70MB (you can
reinstall the packages whose documentation you need)."

This makes these images troublesome for interactive use (i.e. to get a
CentOS VM that we can SSH into and use normally). Please reconsider
this choice. Reinstalling just about every package during provisioning
to get man pages back is not a proper solution.

Best regards,

Carlos Rodrigues