[CentOS-devel] Broken man pages in vagrant box 1710.01

aleksander.baranowski

aleksander.baranowski at yahoo.pl
Mon Dec 11 16:14:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 12/11/2017 03:59 PM, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> In this case, the image dropped by 65 MB by dropping files from
> installed packages. Interestingly, the Fedora 27 image is still 67 MB
> smaller than this and it keeps the man pages. I know they're not
> directly comparable, but it seems to me that this goal could have been
> accomplished without breaking use cases.

https://app.vagrantup.com/generic/boxes/fedora27 - 800+M
https://alt.fedoraproject.org/cloud/ Fedora Cloud image is about 250M
(website says it's 199 ;)).

I make quick comparision with
my_query_format="%{NAME}\n" && rpm --qf $my_query_format -qa | sort
on Fedora 27 cloudimage and generic/centos7

One of the packages that definitely requires removal is centos-logos. I'
will make separate thread on this mailing list.

Bests,
Alex

--
GPG INFO: 6D5A4CAF 2016-05-17