[CentOS-devel] libssh missing from extras/ppc64 repository

James O'Connor

jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 15 20:33:30 UTC 2017

> On Dec 13, 2017, at 6:12 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic at ionic.de> wrote:
>
> * On 12/13/2017 01:54 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> The first thing to consider would be the Extras repository : normally,
>> packages rebuilt and pushed in that repository are rebuilt pkgs that
>> landed in "upstream" Extras repo.
>> AFAIK (but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) there is no ppc64 Extras
>> channel.
>
> I cannot tell. The only thing I know for sure is that there were libssh ppc64
> packages prior to (likely) Dec 7.
>

>> Now we can though try to rebuild that libssh and push it through Extras
>> if that's possible
>
> That would be nice!

I’ve built libssh-0.7.1-3.el7.ppc64.rpm and libssh-devel-0.7.1-3.el7.ppc64.rpm. They will be in the next ppc64 Extras sign and push.

There is no upstream RHEL 7 Extras for ppc64. There is also no ppc64 golang port which makes it impossible to compile a bunch of the Extras content that exists for x86_64 and ppc64le.

But if you help me identify any C or Python code in ppc64le Extras, I will attempt to build, sign and publish for ppc64.

-James